I got so many questions on how to bake polymer clay so I decided to make a short video about it. It covers what polymer clay actually is and why you have to bake it. I will show you what things you will need and some tips on the process! I hope you will find it helpful!
Things you will need:
- Oven thermometer (optional, if you have a good oven that has accurate temperature)
- Foil/baking paper
Step by step:
- Put your creations on a small sheet of baking of foil or baking paper and then on the oven-tray
- Look for the recommended baking temperature on the clay and preheat it to this degree
- After preheating put the clay on the tray in the oven, centring it on the middle rack for even heating
- Look for the recommended baking time and bake it that long
- Open the windows to ensure fresh air
- Turn off the oven and put on oven gloves to put out the oven-tray
- Wrap around a towel to slowly cool down the clay
Is there an alternative to baking the clay?
- You can use air drying clay!
- DO NOT USE THE MICROWAVE (except it is clay that is made for microwaves like Fimo air microwave)
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me!
Have a wonderful week!
Let's stay in touch! :)
My 2nd Fun Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/cafemako
My Homepage: http://www.makoccino.com
Business Inquiries: [email protected]
Sing along with Jim - Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Link to the track: http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/mp3-royaltyfree/Sing%20Along%20with%20Jim.mp3
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0